Notes on data collection and data processing
1. Name and contact details of the office processing the data and the data protection officer
University of Bonn
Helmholtz-Institut für Strahlen- und Kernphysik
Section of Physics and Astronomy
Tel.: +49 228 73-2203
Official data protection officer:
Dr. Jörg Hartmann
Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
Your personal data is collected for purposes of taking part in the Lattice 2020 conference taking place from August 3rd, 2020 till August 8th, 2020. Your personal data is processed for terms of registration to the conference and for managing your participation, contributions, talks and proceedings. Following data is collected upon registration:
2. Academic title
3. Given Name
4. Family Name
8. Street address
9. Addition to address
10. Postal code
14. Your e-mail address
15. Talks, contributions and proceedings you upload or send to the organizers
16. Your bank account coordinates and bank transfer data for processing the conference fee payment
17. Status of promotion (for purpose of accounting with Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft DFG)
Your data is processed in accordance with the “Lawfulness of processing” pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a EU-GDPR on the basis of the consent of the data subject.
The personal data collected from you will be erased or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. Data may be stored beyond this point in time if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which the controller is subject. The data will also be blocked or erased if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless further storage of the data is required for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
Transmission of data to third parties
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. If required pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b EU-GDPR for the handling of the legal relationship with you, your personal data will be passed on to third parties. This includes in particular the transmission to
Lombego Systems GmbH
for following processes and purposes:
Hosting and operation of the Converia conference management software
Maintenance and support
The transmitted data may be used by the third parties exclusively for the stated purposes.
Rights of the data subject
You have the right,
a) if you have given your consent, to revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) EU-GDPR to the controller stated above. As a result, data processing that was based on this consent may no longer continue in the future;
b) pursuant to Art. 15 EU-GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by the controller. In particular, you can obtain information
(1) on the processing purposes;
(2) the category of personal data;
(3) the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed;
(4) the planned duration of the storage or, if specific information on this is not possible, the criteria for determining the storage period;
(5) the existence of a right to correction, erasure, restriction of processing or objection;
(6) the existence of a right to lodge a complaint;
(7) the origin of your data, unless these were collected by the aforementioned controller;
(8) the possible existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details of this.
c) pursuant to Art. 16 EU-GDPR, to immediately request the rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by the aforementioned controller;
d) pursuant to Art. 17 EU-GDPR, to demand the erasure of your personal data stored by the aforementioned controller. This does not apply if longer storage of the data is required for
(1) processing to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
(2) to fulfill a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
(3) for reasons of public interest;
(4) to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
(5) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes pursuant to Art. 89 (1) EU-GDPR, insofar as the erasure of the data is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the attainment of the objectives of such processing.
e) pursuant to Art. 18 EU-GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data under the conditions stated therein;
f) pursuant to Art. 20 EU-GDPR, under the conditions stated therein, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission of those data to another controller;
g) to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 EU-GDPR, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy. The competent supervisory authority is:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
P.O. Box 20 04 44
Duty of Cooperation
You are obliged to provide your data in accordance with the aforementioned legal provisions or regulations. If you do not communicate or make the data available to the aforementioned controller, it may result in a refuse of your participation at the conference.
Right of objection
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. e GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of objection, simply send an email to the aforementioned controller.